The recent borough election produced excellent results for Residents' Associations throughout Elmbridge, and saw the Conservatives lose control of the Council.
Following the Conservative-initiated reduction in the number of wards from 22 to 16, and councillors from 60 to 48, the Council representation is now :-
- Conservatives 22
- Resident's Associations 19
- Liberal Democrats 7
In the expanded Thames Ditton ward the vote count was :-
- TRICIA BLAND TD & WG Residents' Association 1664
- KAREN RANDOLPH TD & WG Residents' Association 1647
- RUTH LYON TD & WG Residents' Association 1636
- Mandy Sanson Conservative 474
- Graham West Conservative 423
- Andrew Reid Conservative 381
- Alanko Jaska Liberal Democrat 257
In the new Hinchley Wood & Weston Green ward the vote count was :-
- TANNIA SHIPLEY HW & WG Residents' Associations* 1950
- JANET TURNER HW & WG Residents' Associations* 1906
- NIGEL HAIG-BROWN HW & WG Residents' Associations* 1861
- Charlotte Sharman Conservative 465
- Martin Fox Conservative 459
- Craig Harrison Conservative 441
* HW & WG Residents' Associations candidates were jointly sponsored by the Thames Ditton & Weston Green Residents' Association and the Hinchley Wood Residents Association.
Tannia Shipley had the distinction of polling the highest vote of any candidate in Elmbridge, and we send her our best wishes for her year as Mayor of Elmbridge.
Running a successful campaign depends on the goodwill and help of volunteers; and our marvellous results reflect the benefit of their contributions - delivering manifestos, displaying election boards, and patiently working as tellers at the polling stations. The Association's sincere thanks go to all of them.
Our councillors look forward to representing residents in Council in this challenging and exciting period.
For more details on the 2016 election results throughout Elmbridge, click here.