HAMPTON COURT HALF MARATHON, SUNDAY 19th FEBRUARY 2017.
This year the race starts and finishes at Giggs HIll Green; the race itself starts at 08.30 and all runners are expected to be finished by 11.30am. Nearly 4,000 runners are expected to take part.
The following roads will be closed to traffic :-
- Western arm of Giggs HIll Road, between Portsmouth Road and Watts Road: 07.00 to 12.00
- Watts Road: 08.00 to 09.30
- Station Road: 08.00 to 09.30
- Eastern arm of Giggs Hill Road: 08.00 to 09.30
- Embercourt Road (between Hampton Court Way and Station Road): 08.00 to 09.30
- High Street, from St Leonards Road to Station Road: 08.00 to 09.30
- Weston Green Road, from Station Road to Hampton Court Way: 08.00 to 09.30
There will be some knock on effects on additional roads: Imber Cross, College Drive, Elsworthy, Denleigh Gardens, Ennismore Gardens, Lime Tree Avenue, Weston Park, Newlands Avenue, Longmead Road, St Helens, Camm Gardens and Home Farm Close.
The organisers will accommodate residents who need to leave or enter any of the above roads during the road closure, and have instructed their marshals to let cars through when it is safe to do so. To limit off road parking in the area by competitors, they have arranged event parking and are advising against parking in Thames Ditton generally, and in particular on the route.
The Half Marathon is raising money for a number of charities including: The Royal Star & Garter, Princess Alice Hospice, Momentum, CHECT Children’s Eye Cancer charity, Thames Boat Project, Molesey Scouts and Kingston Sea Cadets. In addition, the organisers are making a £500 donation to a local charity to be nominated by local councillors, as well as donations to local sports clubs, The Thames Ditton Cricket Club and The OC Club.
Further details are available at: www.hamptoncourthalf.com